Power Pillow MKIII - Receptacle position?

WilliaBe

Power Pillow MKIII - Receptacle position?

Post by WilliaBe » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:40 pm

I am about to take delivery of a MKIII Power Pillow. I am using a Furutech FP-15A (Cu) receptacle that feeds my PLC.

Is there a prefered postion for the PP MKIII; top or bottom position on the receptacle? Also, is there a break-in time before the MKIII reaches full potential?

Thanks in advance for the feedback...

Don Leman
Dealer

Post by Don Leman » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:34 pm

It will not matter which position you use, although for convenience sake I normally use the bottom so I have easier access to the top one. The only exception would be that sometimes you have something else to plug in that needs to use the bottom such as a walwart or powerbar that has a downward facing plug. So the short answer is it doesn't matter which plug and you should make a choice based on convenience.

The powerline pillow will not require any break-in.

Don
West Coast Audio
Don

WilliaBe

Post by WilliaBe » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:25 pm

Hey Don! Funny I should get a reply from the dealer who sold me the MKIII PP.

I added it to the top receptacle position on the Furutech plug. Plugged it in as soon as I got home and got to go downstairs a few hours later to hopefully see and hear the difference. Let me say, it was better than expected. I experienced better contrast on my 61" HD TV, and much cleaner whites. This suprised me as I had the TV professionally calibrated 7 months ago. The overall image was smoother with less noise in darker scenes. DTS Master HD was much more detailed and revealing. The bass was much tighter. I did not think that plugging it in at the receptacle would have such a positive effect.

The noisehound has exceeded my expectations. I will be ordering another shortly....

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:11 pm

WilliaBe

Ok, I will say the same thing as Don Leman did for which outlet to plug in just to make it not so fun lay. As for break in............. That would depends on who you are talking to, really.

I will agree with Don the BC86MKIII doesn't require break. However, some customers told us they do hear improvement after a day to a few days of having the BC86MKIII in their system. I suppose it is one of those it's depends.

WilliaBe

Post by WilliaBe » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:18 pm

Thanks for the response Gilbert.

After 24 hrs plugged in, the MKIII feels slightly warm to the touch. I'll be happy if it the performance improves more after a few more days.
:lol:

WilliaBe

Post by WilliaBe » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:42 pm

Gilbert,

I read a 2001 review where you guys clarify that a BC86 lower the system’s noise flow by about 3db.

I assume there is an improvement in noise floor lowering with the MKIII version? I have a single MKIII and it is making such an improvement I cant imagine its only lowering the floor by 3db...?