Silly Cone Filters

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Silly Cone Filters

Post by Gilbert Y » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:11 pm

I put this picture on August 25. I am surprise how many BC customers and potential BC customers ask me about these filters

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17843311@N00/4927606871/

These three I have made for a customer who only concern about safety first follow by performance, and a lot of other things plus then more. Cosmetic is way down at the bottom of the list. After this many inquiry in just a few days. I have decide if anyone of you want to get one of this filter in silly cone, you can e-mail us.

bjh
Advanced Member

Post by bjh » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:24 pm

Well if works fine on an extention cord and then buried in the back yard I might consider. :P :D :D :P

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:18 pm

Sol lay, it ink lo werkie wif long extension cordie. It has to be close to the equipments in order to werkie. U ooot of luck mon. :? :( :shock:

WilliaBe

Silly Cone Feedback

Post by WilliaBe » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:08 pm

Just took delivery of a 6X Silicone filter a few days ago. The 6X filter was heavier than I expected it to be.I plugged it into the bottom receptacle of the outlet feeding my 6 outlet FX2 PLC (It replaced a BC86MKIII). There was an immediate improvement in the quality of my video display. Most notably was the almost complete disappearance of video noise in the background of gray and dark scenes.

On the audio side, bass was tighter and faster and there was a massive improvement in the dimensionality of the soundstage. Soundstage is the wrong word actually, because its like we are in the movie or music.

The combination of the 6X filter and my FX2 is a beast. Also, due to it's cosmetic limitations, the price performance ratio is great. Thank you Gilbert.
Last edited by WilliaBe on Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:54 pm

Here is the lastest development of sillycone filter.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17843311@N00/5281434508/

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

12X Sillycone Filter

Post by Gilbert Y » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:12 pm

Just when you think 6X is a lot. Lookie lookie.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17843311@N00/5500447358/

Totemman
Advanced Member

Post by Totemman » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:29 pm

:D I own a wonderful BC 6000 line filter. I thought that line filtration could no get any better. I was wrong. I have added the 6X Filter to the receptacle that the BC 6000 is plugged into and the results are simply outstanding. Highs are more extended; bass has greater depth and push; the mid-range is both cleaner and more invitational and the sound stage is wider, higher and deeper. The benefits to my system belie the price of 290 dollars.
All hail to the G man!!! All of you BC 6000 owners out there order yours today.

BCarnaval
Advanced Member

Post by BCarnaval » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:54 pm

Hi Totemman
Talking about bc6000,i remember Gilbert telling me that plugging a 6000 into a plcfx2 was a pretty good thing to do.
I wonder how it¨technicaly¨compare to your 6x set up

BCarnaval

Jo
Advanced Member

Post by Jo » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:10 pm

Is this silly cone filter something taht works like a BC86? I mean: is it something, in the way it works, different than a BC606?

I used to use both products above, but with BC606, besides its good effects, I felt the sound was not as fast as without it. The BC86 didn´t bring this not so good effect.

João

Totemman
Advanced Member

Post by Totemman » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:54 pm

Hi Jo,
The 6X works in the same way that the BC 86 does but it is at least 6X better. However, I must admit to being very surprised that the BC 606 had a negative effect on your system. Do yo have a different amperage or voltage in wonderful Brazil? Brazil.... :oops: :oops: :oops: Just had a picture of carnival in my head.

BCarnaval
Advanced Member

Post by BCarnaval » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:06 pm

Hey Totemman

Is my question to technical for you?

BCarnaval

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Post by BlueKnight » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:37 pm

Totemman wrote::D I own a wonderful BC 6000 line filter. I thought that line filtration could no get any better. I was wrong. I have added the 6X Filter to the receptacle that the BC 6000 is plugged into and the results are simply outstanding. Highs are more extended; bass has greater depth and push; the mid-range is both cleaner and more invitational and the sound stage is wider, higher and deeper. The benefits to my system belie the price of 290 dollars.
I also have a BC6000 and I ran a few unscientific test when I first got it in 2007 ( http://www.bluecircle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693 )

I can't see how a simple 6X or 12X filter could improve on that. I realize that I have a dedicated line to my system and it would be interesting to see what you guys share your hydro with. If it makes such a difference, then why bother with the more expensive BC6000 to start with? Sorry guys but I'm sceptical on that one.

GilBut, any comments?

Jo
Advanced Member

Post by Jo » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:19 pm

Hi, Totemman,

Voltage here is usually at 122 or 123v. I don't know about amperage.

Anyway, BC606 didn't produce a negative effect in my system, as I kept connecting DAC, DVD player, computer, external HD on it as it was quite beneficial. The only one which I plugged direct in the wall out let was NSCS. It was not something dramatic but I preferred some more speed, giving up some clean.

To tell the truth, it was not a surprise for me. In fact, I already thought that BC606+NSCS(or other amp) could present this aspect I'm talking about in their presentation. I interpret, considering the information available here and at BC's site, that this is one of the reasons why BC6000, completely appropriated for amps, uses a different technology.

This was just my impression with BC606 so you and the other guys, including Gilbert, please fell free to tell me if it really seems a big mistake what I'm saying about its performance in my system/room.

About carnival, which ended yesterday, have you heard about the impressing walking soundstage invented here in Bahia called "Trio Eletrico"?

Here you can take a look on a video of carnival of 25 or more years ago; playing is a group that is one of the most popular here. They used to play beautiful, fun carnival music but they're terrible today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2bMjQ2m ... re=related

And this one is much newer, 2 or 3 years ago. Daniela Mercury, she's very good. As you can see, way more people than 25 years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfxJ7rllooU

I didn't find a good one of Armandinho or Pepeu Gomes and their guitars.

Ah, I must say that Bahia, especially Salvador, where I live, is a unique place, in all respects. Carnival, or whatever, in Salvador, is different than what you find in other parts of the country. Not worse or better, but different. Interesting place..

Joao

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:58 pm

BlueKnight wrote:
Totemman wrote::D I own a wonderful BC 6000 line filter. I thought that line filtration could no get any better. I was wrong. I have added the 6X Filter to the receptacle that the BC 6000 is plugged into and the results are simply outstanding. Highs are more extended; bass has greater depth and push; the mid-range is both cleaner and more invitational and the sound stage is wider, higher and deeper. The benefits to my system belie the price of 290 dollars.
I also have a BC6000 and I ran a few unscientific test when I first got it in 2007 ( http://www.bluecircle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693 )

I can't see how a simple 6X or 12X filter could improve on that. I realize that I have a dedicated line to my system and it would be interesting to see what you guys share your hydro with. If it makes such a difference, then why bother with the more expensive BC6000 to start with? Sorry guys but I'm sceptical on that one.

GilBut, any comments?
I am debating whether I shall remain silent and let you guys hear the result yourself or not. All I am going to say for now is keep an open mind. Because there are a couple of users here has more than 3 times the BC6000 in their system and still keep improving. Of course the combination of filtering network and not just the amount of filtering (numbers of X) has something to do to the end result as much as the numbers of X.

More news are to come in the near future regarding this filtering thing. Stay tune.

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:01 pm

BCarnaval wrote:Hi Totemman
Talking about bc6000,i remember Gilbert telling me that plugging a 6000 into a plcfx2 was a pretty good thing to do.
I wonder how it¨technicaly¨compare to your 6x set up

BCarnaval
BCa

I don't think Totemman know enough techie to answer your question but I can help you in you don't mind. Plugging a FX2 into a BC6000 is about the same as the 6X filter. I say about because the FX2 has a longer power cord than the 6X (3" long) power cord. The shorter the cord, the better than result.

On the other hand, if you plug the FX2 into one of the BC6000 outlet than plug your gears into the FX2, the result will be equal or better than the 6X.