Anyone tried different Isolation Feet for BC Tube Preamp?

DJCOUS

Anyone tried different Isolation Feet for BC Tube Preamp?

Post by DJCOUS » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:44 pm

I was wondering if anyone has noticed any improvements by trying different aftermarket feet under Blue Circle tube preamps? My gear sits on a pretty thin wood shelf and there is vibration especially when the laptop is on.
CustomBlue Circle PLS, Anthem MCA 20, PMC OB1i Signatures, Rega P5 w/ Dynavector Karat 17d3, Rega Apollo, Mac Book, BC PLC FX2, BC SillyCone 6x, BC X0e, BC USB cable, JPS Super Q speaker cables, JPS Lab Super Conductor 3 XLR & Shunyata Venom 3

Clave
Advanced Member

Post by Clave » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:22 am

Here is an older thread on that topic. Seven years after posting that query, I'm still using the DH Cones. They do seem to tighten things up a bit, though in the long run a good shelf is probably the best solution.

http://www.bluecircle.com/forum/viewtop ... t=dh+cones

garyj
Advanced Member

Post by garyj » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:14 pm

i use stillpoints, but it is on a thick mapleshade stand so really cannot say how would work otherwise
gary

bjh
Advanced Member

Post by bjh » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:17 pm

I use "spring" type footers on my Blue Circle BC3000-II to good effect. Unfortunately I can't tell you where to get them because they were 'discovered' by a buddy while visiting Italy. They are in fact glass holder I understand ... no kidding.

However before the "spring-ies" I used Solid Tech - Feet of Silence. There were almost as effective, but also fairly expensive as footers go.

k-Dub

Post by k-Dub » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:00 pm

I also like the DH Cones, or Aluminum Coned footers... With Blue Circle gears, and their huge power supplies on board, I often find what ever footers work well under power supplies, work well under BC Gear. I use Isolation to get the stage right... and power cords to adjust the voicing of the gear (if needed).

I would just stay away from anything Brass - it viels hall info and stage info, Venue Acoustic as G$ says... In addition to killing PRaT, it looses some of that layered, vivid palpabilty - that 2c3d thing - or the holographic staging the Blue Circle gear does in spades.