A NEW PLC introduce at TAVES 2014

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

A NEW PLC introduce at TAVES 2014

Post by Gilbert Y » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:54 am

Marketing peed pol hate me for this. I came up with an idea while I was driving back from RMAF two weeks ago. Designed the whole thing in my head driving between Ogallala, NE and Iowa City, Iowa. Stop by Lexington, NE and get some pin wheels from Wally Mart so my thinking blood was full of ham and cheese.

Enough of the BS now the product. It's designed to plug directly into a wall outlet as the first defends of noise coming from the wall. Then the user can plug whatever into the outlet(s) of this unit. Price............ It's the lowest of all PLC we have made so far. We are still in the process to debate how much we should sell this for. You know, too cheap people will think it's not going to work nor worth anything. Too expensive, then what's the point.

My idea was also came from people who doesn't believe powerline noise affect their system. Being the noise demos we have been doing to show how much noise is on the powerline, some people still don't think it affects their sound. Hopefully this unit will cause them to rethink about their powerline. Did I use the word "hope"? Yeah, I did....... I can only do so much.

If you want see this unit, come to TAVES and take a look. We have built several to sell at the show.

Name of this thing, we are still thinking.

k-Dub

Post by k-Dub » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:49 am

RTPL... Re-Think PowerLine is my vote

or

HTCP ... Hope for Too Cheep People... i mean, "Hope to correct power"

or HCPC - ie Ham and Cheese Power Corrector... the "upgraded" models come with "V" for velveeta, or CW for Cheese Wiz... or GC for Government Cheese...

Or have all these acronym's already been used for some other BC product line?

wstagner
Dealer

Post by wstagner » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:43 pm

any pix you can share?
TLP Audio<br>http://www.classicpumps.com/tlpmain.htm<br>Illinois Authorized Blue Circle Dealer

bjh
Advanced Member

Post by bjh » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:45 pm

Call me slow, I don't get it. :oops: :?:

How is it different from a normal Thingee that you plug directly into the wall, and then plug whatever you want into [the Thingee].

Are we talking a Thingee with a captive power cord for plugging into the wall? ... must be more that than, I don't think it would take more than a bite from a Mars bar to think that up. :P

Anyway, like I said, call me slow.

Raven
Dealer

Post by Raven » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:38 pm

It's an entry level PLC Thingee based on the same design as the regular Thingee line of products. I don't know how much filtering it has compared to the basic PLC Thingee but it will do a modest job at stopping the primary noise in the power line.

At trade shows, there are folks that may not know Blue Circle products and want to try them out without spending to much $$. I think this was part of Gilbert's motivation for creating this filter.

I'm trying it out in my computer workstation system this week.

Don't read anything into the label. Gilbert is still deciding what to call it. As for myself, for some reason I want to play hockey with it...

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:09 am

bjh wrote:
Are we talking a Thingee with a captive power cord for plugging into the wall? ... must be more that than, I don't think it would take more than a bite from a Mars bar to think that up. :P

Anyway, like I said, call me slow.
There are three ways to look at this, either I drove really really fast from Ogallala to Iowa City, that bite of Mars bar was really really big or I am really slow. Because it did took me that long to figure out the capacitance, Q factors, impedance, frequency range of coverage and how to put them all together into that 3" puck which has to be short and light enough so it won't drag away from the outlet. Mind you, I didn't use a calculator while I was driving. That slow me down a little.

May be call it a "PLC Puck".

Ha Boi Egg
Advanced Member

Post by Ha Boi Egg » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:10 am

Gilbert Y wrote:
May be call it a "PLC Puck".
...how about "PLC WTPuck" 8) :arrow:

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:39 am

Official name of this thing. It is "PLC Puck".

masluck
Advanced Member

PLC Puck

Post by masluck » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:01 am

Okay....how much munlay is PLC Puck????

Inquiring minds would like to know... :shock: :shock: :) :) :D

Raven
Dealer

Post by Raven » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:48 am

bjh
Advanced Member

Post by bjh » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:49 pm

Cute! ... I think the price should be given in an equivalent number of Mars bars. :!:

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:08 pm

bjh wrote:Cute! ... I think the price should be given in an equivalent number of Mars bars. :!:
I think Crappy Tire (Canadian Tire our Canuckie National wide hardware store) Mars bar at abooooot $1.19 each. Don't know exactly what size the bar is though. If that's the price, the number of Mars bar anyone need to bring to the show to exchange on of the PLC Puck is approx. 84 bars plus a bite or two.

Close enough? :) :D

bjh
Advanced Member

Post by bjh » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:23 pm

Excellent, 100 clams! should sell like PLC Hot Cake ...

Any nough patting bull chit department on back because a one no's G do all work and they hang around do nothing shoot bb for fun lazy bums ...

How about PLC X0e Puck ... same price, same look just like PLC Thingee Puck - same size.

it do X0e low stuff, no normal Thingee high stuff.

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:46 am

bjh

The introductory price is $100.00. Will see what happen later so get it at this price while we still offer.

Sorry, X0e in the same size, physically impossible. Same price, sorry, no deal. Even at $100.00 for the puck, we are doing the best that we can. No easy but it is a way for people to get into the PLC.

bjh
Advanced Member

Post by bjh » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:36 pm

Make sense I can see how you can make those puck too long for that - seem like same work as thingee and smaller always pain.

Hey some guy say FX2 PLC kill sound of system - I mean is that even possible? Burn in? Seems crazy