Peed Al Sea Thingee a.k.a. PLC Thingee

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Peed Al Sea Thingee a.k.a. PLC Thingee

Post by Gilbert Y » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:31 pm

Here you are bjh. In less than 8 hours after you have suggested on the forum.

http://www.flickr.com./photos/17843311@ ... 292770765/

The final reeeetail plices are

4 oootlets USD199.00
6 oootlets USD229.00

Web site booo chit is goink to go ooooop as soon as I can take a real picture of the 4 ooootlet. 6 oootlets will have the IEC off set to one end and another pair of duplex oootlets beside it.

fullheadofnothing

Post by fullheadofnothing » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:33 pm

This is very very exciting. How exciting, you ask? Exciting enough for me to join this forum just to post this message.

I recently got a used BC22MKII and have been noticing some power filtration problems (not the amp's fault, it replaced a total PoC that made so much noise of its own that I never heard my problems...) The 606 is a bit out of my range, but I could totally swing this!!

Couple of questions. In the other thread you mentioned a filtration figure of 3xBC86MKIII. Will the 6 outlet version match that? Also is surge protection going to be an option?

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:48 pm

Full head

The 4 and 6 outlets version both have the same amount of filtering which is equal to 3 BC86MKIII. Actually, at 3 BC86MKIII, it is more than the BC606. Surge protection is not a option of the Peed Al Sea Thingee. However, I am considering offering this.......

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17843311@N00/2612666893/

for CDN9.95 each. It uses 2 MOV as surge protection. We only use one MOV in the BC606 and BC608 and BC86MKIII. If you plug this thing into the same deplux outlet where you plug the Peed Al Sea Thingee, it will give you the same protection as the MOV inside the Peed Al Sea Thingee. The advantage is it has a clear cover, if it blew, you can see it and replace it right away. It is very easy to replace and the yellow part and the clear cover is reuseable. And therefore, no downtime from music.

Someone from this forum has ordered a couple earlier this week. If there is demand for it, I will put it up on BC web site as officially one of BC paul duck.

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:57 pm

Here is the link to all the Peed Al Sea Thingee pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17843311@N ... 292770765/

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:55 pm

I have done some work on whether surge protection can be an option for the Peed Al Sea Thingee. Well, anything is possible but how much does it cost......

It will take more work to install any surge protection device inside the Peed Al Sea Thingee and it has to be serviceable. The amount of work is more than getting one of the yellow external surge protector. So the option isn't worth it.

bjh
Advanced Member

Post by bjh » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:35 am

Peed Al Sea Thingee on the WebSite ... someone forgot to add the prices! :?:

bish
Advanced Member

Post by bish » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:26 am

It's on the page for the current BC price list?

Going forward I presume that will be the case for most, if not all gear, so the folks can see the current price for all items.

Cheers,
Bish
Last edited by bish on Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

bjh
Advanced Member

Post by bjh » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:30 am

Makes sense!

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Price is on.....

Post by Gilbert Y » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:33 am

bjh

Plice is on the plic list pagage

http://www.bluecircle.com/index.php?menu_id=5422

bish is right but we are just trying to find way to better manage the web site. Or find more lazy way to work on the web site. Whichever way you want to see it. U sea, with all price on one page, if we want to change the pricing, we only have to work on one page instead of every paul duck on every page.

Save U trobooot. Here is the link to the Peed Al Sea poo poo gan da page

http://www.bluecircle.com/index.php?page_id=9211

WilliaBe

Love the black

Post by WilliaBe » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:37 pm

Gilbert,

Love the black sili on the PLC thingee. Thank you very much for putting it together exactly as I wanted... :lol:

bjh
Advanced Member

Re: A couple of varations of Peed Al Sea Thingee

Post by bjh » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:18 pm

The Surge Protection Dangler looks like it has some sort of special connector. Why not just a regular (male) power plug ... then someone with a 4 or 6 outlet Thingee can sacrifice a socket and just plug in the Dangler. :idea:

And oh? ... what does the Dangler have that a Yalu Balula doesn't (besides looking mo-pretty)?

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:01 pm

Good question: Why not just a male plug. Seriously, it IS a good question. We have done it. It's call the Yalo Bulala. :) :D However, in this way, we can still pack 6 outlets in there and surge protection at the same time. if using a Yalo Bulala, it will only have 5 outlets left.

TSPD has the same amount of surge protection capacity as the BC6000. Yalo Bulala doesn't have enough room to pack that much juice holding capacity in that small space. That's why I did the TSPD.

bjh
Advanced Member

Post by bjh » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:03 am

Gilbert Y wrote:Good question: Why not just a male plug. Seriously, it IS a good question. We have done it. It's call the Yalo Bulala. :) :D However, in this way, we can still pack 6 outlets in there and surge protection at the same time. if using a Yalo Bulala, it will only have 5 outlets left.

TSPD has the same amount of surge protection capacity as the BC6000. Yalo Bulala doesn't have enough room to pack that much juice holding capacity in that small space. That's why I did the TSPD.
Well if the Thingee is plugged into a duplex socket the TSPD could be plugged into the extra socket - no loss of Thingee sockets. If two Thingee's are plugged into a duplex socket you only loose one Thingee socket to plug in the TSPD; e.g. two 6 socket Thingees still gives 11 socket after allocating one to TSPD ... 11 sockets!, what ya' gonna do with all those! :?

(I have an extra Yalo Bulala plugged into the utility socket on top of my stove... just looks so cute there! :) )

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:23 am

bjh

Lo can agree with U mor. However, I also lik to do some others have in their mind too. TSPD is done on a semi-customer request and I am sure those customer and others who choose that route would be as satisfy as you R with the Yalo Bulala. I use Yalo Bulala in my hoooze too. Good conversation piece.