Stercom's System

This is a place where you can post pics of your systems.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:41 pm

BC 85.1, BC 3000 MKI and BC 28 <hr>Image

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:42 pm

More Pics <hr>Image

Rszk

Post by Rszk » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:01 am

Love the wooden stand. Very well finished. By the way I think I see a spec of dirt on the carpet! :P

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:02 pm

I admit I got the place gussied-up for the pictures.

Double D
Advanced Member

Post by Double D » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:32 pm

Nice Rig Stercom ! :D

How about giving us a rundown on the rest of your rig ? ;)

Guest_Stercom

Post by Guest_Stercom » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:25 pm

The rest of the rig consists of a VPI Scout table with an Audioclear Synchro variable power supply, Sony SCD-1 modded with a tube output/separate power supply and BPT power conditioners modded by ZCable. All the cables and cords are ZCable. I use a BC62 into the Scout's power supply and BC 86 MKIIIs in the conditioners. Speakers are Vandersteen 3A Sigs. I have a BC 27 phono preamp on order that will sit behind the BC 85.1. Right now I'm using a Jolida JD9 tube phono pre. The BC28 is a good match with the Vandies because they need the power. I had some noise problems with a 21.1 I had in my system but the BC3000 took care of that. I've read the debate regarding big transformer conditioners like the BPTs v. smaller multiple transformers such as in the Music Rings but I have so much invested in the BPTs they will be staying for a while. As for the future, I suppose a MKII upgrade for the BC3000 and a 200 series amp, etc, etc, etc........... :P

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:11 am

A number of people have asked me about the stand. It was made by www.timbernation.com Very good workmanship at reasonable prices. They will custom build whatever you need and you can even talk to the owner - who is also the guy that is probably going to build it for you! The company reminds me of Blue Circle.