Welcome Guest ( Log in | Register | Blue Circle )

BC107SE TBK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.bluecircle.com Forum Index -> Blue Circle & Audio related Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject: BC107SE TBK Reply with quote

Here is a preamp I have designed while I was sitting at The Bauer Kitchen more than a year ago.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/17843311@N00/albums/72157691305853584

It went back to its own birth place.

This preamp has two 6SN7 inside. One bias as a linear tube and the other bias as fat/warm sounding tube. Both are user adjustable along with the solid-state stage. It has 5 inputs, two balanced and two single ended plus a 70db gain phonostage built inside. Along Left right control timmer pot and headphone output. Shallco is a standard as most Blue Circle preamp........ A handy mute switch is locate under the solid-state control on the left side of the logo. Remote volume control is also built in.

This preamp has the most number of adjustment I have ever build. It was fun to design and hell to build. The result was worth every seconds of my time. I had to take it back to The Bauer Kitchen, table 107 and facing south east for the picture. Where is also my favorite spot for dinning. I do mean that exact seat.

Check out their food and you may understand why I have managed to design a complete preamp while I was there that night. Lot of other Blue Circle ideas in the past 6 years was related to this place.

http://www.thebauerkitchen.ca/

Just don't tell them I send you. They may kick you out. I am a pain in the S there because I usually sit there way toooooooooo long.
Laughing Cool Smile Very Happy Shocked Smile
Bob Neill
Dealer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Gilbert and the Preamp Reply with quote

I love this. It tells us a lot why you are the unique person you are.
Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Gilbert and the Preamp Reply with quote

Bob Neill wrote:
I love this. It tells us a lot why you are the unique person you are.

Bob

I wasn't planning to design the preamp at that table, that very night. Ideas came and I couldn't stop it coming out from my mind. It ruined my meal that night, if I may add. Shocked Sad Mad
Clave
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that's one badass looking preamp. The color scheme is very classy. Fits right in with the decor of the restaurant. I like the simplicity of my two-wooden knob integrated, but there's something to be said for having lots of shiny knobs to play with.

Did you ever great strange looks because you were slinging silicon while eating?
Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clave wrote:
Man, that's one badass looking preamp. The color scheme is very classy. Fits right in with the decor of the restaurant. I like the simplicity of my two-wooden knob integrated, but there's something to be said for having lots of shiny knobs to play with.

Did you ever great strange looks because you were slinging silicon while eating?

I think bringing silicone to TBK is pushing my luck. I was only working inside my head. I didn't sling any stinky glue while I eat. Do you see instruction on silicone tube stated "external use only"? Laughing Smile Very Happy
masluck
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Okay...who's gonna ask...what does it look like... Reply with quote

Inside...

C'mon Gilbert show us the soul of the eatery born new preamp!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Mark
Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/17843311@N00/39619552871/in/dateposted/
BlueKnight
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gilbert Y wrote:
Try this.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/17843311@N00/39619552871/in/dateposted/

Love it...!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.bluecircle.com Forum Index -> Blue Circle & Audio related Stuff All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: