Glad Rag Doll- Diana Krall.

Place to yap aboot moosic.
BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Glad Rag Doll- Diana Krall.

Post by BlueKnight » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:17 pm

Well. eat my shorts... Diana Krall finally woke-up of her musical stupor after a couple of less imaginative and boring releases.

Glad Rag Doll is a departure from her traditional style. One only has to look at her get-up. It's a really neat album thanks to her cooperation with T-Bone Burnett and the conspicuous absence of Costello in the credits.

Think cabaret during the prohibition years with the underground booze cans and the upper floor brothels.

Double D
Advanced Member

Post by Double D » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:02 pm

If anyone wants my copy.. just let me know.. this disc is crap .. Sorry BK.. this one makes me wanna lose my lunch ! :roll:

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Post by BlueKnight » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:35 am

Double D wrote:If anyone wants my copy.. just let me know.. this disc is crap .. Sorry BK.. this one makes me wanna lose my lunch ! :roll:
No need to apologize DD. I said it was neat as compared to her past album. I give her a C+.

Double D
Advanced Member

Post by Double D » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:49 am

Yeah.. .I know she was trying to switch it up a bit and pursue a different style, and broaden her reach, but I'm not so sure it really works.
Maybe I'll take some Gravol and try and stomach it a few more times, see if it gets any more palatable.. hehehe :wink: